Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
Water Worn
November 17, 2006

Well it's Friday, this has been a very busy week and I am ready for a rest break.


For the past 3 days, swimming was the order of business. My training has been nothing but swimming. I figured I would keep my legs resting for about one week before starting back up again after my last race.


The swimming has gone pretty well. I am still feeling some improvement in time, endurance and form. As usual, I still have no coach or training partner to get feedback from, but I do feel more comfortable with swimming. I have increased my continuous length to 1000 meters. That is without rest and just treading water as long as possible. A few time during my laps I actually felt a Zen like calm and rhythm to my stroke and breathing. I hope that is what I am suppose to be feeling like.


Speaking of training partners. I hung a notice at the local gym and pool asking if anyone was interested in working out together for a common goal of doing triathlons, or just working out and I got ZIP. That's right NADA, NOTHING, ZERO, ZIP, SNAKE EYES. !!!!!!!! I guess there really isn't anyone in the town that wants to train for a triathlon. It really did not surprise me, our town is not what you would call, athletic. Sure a few people run, and a few bike, not many swim, and it seems most don't want to compete. But still that sucks. So it looks like I'm on my own again for next year. No coach, no training partner, just me pushing myself onward. Hell I don't even have a decent bike shop in town. The 2 small shops in town are geared toward MTN bikes only, and ordering in equipment gets expensive at small shops.


Sorry, I guess I'm taking out my frustration on you readers. Sometimes I just feel like screaming.


Anyway, back to the pool.


I totalled about 6000 meters in 3 days. My arms are pretty tired so the next 2 days will be a welcome relief. Next week I will start back up with running and cycling training. I have my bike set up on the trainer at home and should start working out at night as well. 2 weekends from now I am going to go run a 1/2 marathon in Pueblo. I have a few friends that are running that distance for the first time. So I told them I would run with them. Should be a lot of fun.


I hope everyone enjoys tomorrow's game between Ohio and Michigan. Since I am not from that area - I wish luck and skill to the team that wins. DUH. Have a great weekend, CIAO
posted by Mondo @ 9:05 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter