Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
Getting Ready
November 07, 2006

Yesterday I got in a great 5 mile run in the morning. hell the weather has been perfect for training recently. I am looking forward to this weekend's run on the Colorado Monument and I have started getting my stuff together for the trip. I know this is going to be a real hard run. I talked to several runners who have done this run and they all rave about the support and the course.


This morning I decided to give my running legs a break and I got in a nice swim. The water was A little warm for training but beggars can't be choosers. I swam a 200 meter warm up and then swam a freestyle 700 meter followed by 200 meters of pull and kick drills. I finished off with 4-5 100's. I do feel better in the water but still not to the point where I could swim 2000-4000 meters non stop as in a 1/2 Ironman or full Ironman. I am trying to get my off season training set up and feel that I should place an emphasis on swimming at some point. This will not happen until after January 14th since I will be going to Phoenix for the Rock and Roll Marathon. I don't plan on a PR down there but instead I am going to go just to have fun for a change.


This afternoon I took my faithful training bike "Athena" for some hillwork. We rode west of town up the highway which is an 8 mile climb to the top. I was able to maintain my speed without having to go to the smallest chainring. Today is the first time I have been able to do that. Then on the the way down I detoured and started up the very steep "Skyline Drive" route that I usually run up. I had never tried it on a bike before. WOW, what a workout. I will need to do that again. I did notice during my ride that my back started hurting again. something that I did not feel on my new race bike. I am going to have to look at my position on the bike and try and figure out why I am having so much back pain with the old bike. Tomorrow is a rest day. i am looking forward to it tooooooooo.
posted by Mondo @ 3:12 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter