Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
I'm Back
November 30, 2006
Sorry for my absence for the past week. Life has been kinda wierd and crazy.

Well the weather outside is ------COLD, VERY COLD. The winter blast brought a blast of cold air to our region with about 6 inches of snow at my house. I am hoping to take delivery of a snowmobile anytime now. Yeah, I know, not very physically demanding - but WOW, what a lot of fun.

Let me get back to my ride last Thursday. I took Apollo, Quintana Roo, on a 60 mile bike ride. Everything was going great on the ride, it was a little chilly out for short sleeves and shorts but I was doing OK. About mile 15 I flated. The rear wheel. I pulled off to the side of the road and sat there resting for a few. Getting the tire off was a breeze, I found the hole and patched it. Got everthing back together again and found out the patch did not hold. So I just went ahead and put my spare tire on. I have a small frame pump and it took forever to get the tire up to pressure. Does anyone have any ideas on a better way to fill tires up to pressure out on the road without a floor pump? Next time I will try a CO2 cartridge and see if that gets it up to pressure. Anyway I got pretty discusted and just headed back into town after that. The trip in was a lot harder because of the strong headwind, but I got into to town in a short time and felt great.

The rest of the week I have been mostly running in the mornings and cycling on my trainer at night. Yesterday I got in a short swim session. It was snowing pretty hard outside and the road were a mess so there was no-one else in the pool. Otherwise it has been a pretty uneventful week. Ciao
posted by Mondo @ 8:49 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter