Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
Seasons Running?
December 12, 2006

No I didn't mean Seasons' Greetings.


I have been non stop now for the past week. From shopping to cooking to trying to keep up my weekly mileage I have not had time to sit down and rest. They say that this is the season of giving. I would like to be given some rest time.


I have been trying to keep up my running for the past 2 weeks. My runs have been inside on the treadmill for the most part because of the foul weather that we have had lately. This week though I am back to running outside. The temperature has been in the 20's on my runs but at least it is not snowing and/or sleating.


Yesterday I had a nice slow warm up run for the week. My legs felt a little tired but all in all I feel pretty good. I tried running on the riverwalk trail but found that the train was covered with snow and ice at the 2.5 mile line and continued probably for the next mile because of the shadows. I turned around and headed back the way I came. There is a new section that will be opened up soon that will add another .6 miles to the west end of the trail system. I ran it after getting back to the car - although not officially opened, it will make for a great run.


Today I got in my hillwork as I completed my Skyline ridge up and over and back route. I absolutely love this run and feel that I have really made progress with my running since starting to do this run at least 2x per week.


I am going to try and get in at least 25-30 miles this week. I only have a month until Phoenix, so I need to start piling on miles between now and then. After Phoenix is done then it is time to settle into training for the triathlon season.


New Quote: Dicipline is doing the stuff you don't want to do, so that you can do the stuff you want to do later.
posted by Mondo @ 1:27 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter