Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
Florida Ironman - Crap
November 08, 2007
OK, now I am not one to get very angry, mad or pissed off. Actually I am probably one of the most relaxed, easy going people you would meet. But, after spending 3 hours waiting for the sign up for Ironman Florida just to find out there were no general entry slots available online just pisses me off.


It appears that in it's God-Like decision making mind - North America Sports, Ironman Committee has changed how they would open slots for Ironman events. I feel that the decision they made is completely ridiculous and unfair to the many newbie triathletes looking into getting into an Ironman Event. First off they have allowed the current year's Ironman athlete that is signed up for a particular race to be able to sign up for the following year's race the day before they race the current year. Then, they open general entry the day after the race first thing in the morning - but get this - only at the race site, not online. So for the rest of us that can't spend the money to head out to Florida - we are out of luck. They finally open online registration after they close race site registration. Which leaves - no slots left or very little. This is a ridiculous policy and prevents new athletes from being able to participate in an Ironman Race. So for the foreseeable future - all Ironman events for 2008 are already filled up. This Sucks*****


So now that I vented I feel better. So it seems to me that the Ironman committee is out my registration. And I feel a lot of other athletes are as pissed as I am. I have looked around our wonderful country and have found Iron-Distance Events in almost every state. Most costing less than an Ironman Event and probably with better support.


I have signed up for my Iron-Distance Event - I will be competing in the Oklahoma City Redman Triathlon in September of next year. I am looking forward to being able to go to OKC and I am sure the event will be as life changing as an Ironman Event. And when I complete the race, although they will not be able to yell out "You are an Ironman" to me. I will still be an Ironman. It's not the race people - it's the distance. It's the accomplishment. So for all you "Ironmen" out there who will be pissed at me when I claim the same title as you. Shove Off. I will be an Ironman next year. And I may even get an M-Dot Tattoo.
posted by Mondo @ 4:54 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter