Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
Thursday and Friday
August 17, 2007
Thursday

Off we go to the lake. The drive was only an hour or so away. Here in New Hampshire, things are a lot closer than in Colorado. It doesn’t take long to get from one are to the other. The ride was great. I had Apollo in the back of my brother’s pickup. Everything transported well. We got up there quickly and the traffic was not bad. As we passed by the lake I started getting more anxiety – The lake is huge. Looks like an ocean compared to the lakes I have been in before. Breath – breath – breath………

We got to the condo. WOW – what a nice condo – shit I could live in a place like this. Decorating is impeccable. Awesome. I really feel comfortable here. We unloaded and got settled. I like this area. We are only 400 yards from the lake. I can see the lake from my bedroom. AWESOME.

We headed out to Elacoya State Park – the race start. They were still working on the transition area but I was able to find my number and area. The lake is warm and calm. I am feeling a little better about the swim. Still nervous. Tomorrow we are going to drive the bike course. My nerves are still on edge. I need to get some sleep. Life is too short for anxiety. Life is too short to waste, my mind is mush. Too much to thinks about…….

Friday

Up early and down to the lake with my brother and his Kayak. I got in my wetsuit this morning for a nice easy swim. The water felt good, warm. calming, no anxiety. I just wanted a small warm up swim. But ended up swimming across the lake to an island, I think the distance to the island was about 1000 yards. I got there without problem, I took a break with my brother at the island and then swam back to the dock. I felt good in the water – I got a rhythm and kept it up. I tried to relax, calm, breathing in – breathing out. Slow at times and fast at times. Changing up the stroke rhythm. After it was done I felt confident again. Hey – maybe I can do this……
We headed out on the bike route by 10am. 56 miles. How hard could it be? Well let me tell you this is not an easy bike route. For the first 13 or so miles it is uphill, rolling hills. Then it is somewhat downhill for the next 13 miles till the turn around. Then back up with some pretty wicked uphill stretches. Even training in Colorado is not going to make this much easier. After I finally get up the big hill on the way back I can finally relax a little before my run. My anxiety is back up again. How will the ride go – shit….. I wish I could relax. I think about my team back home – I hope they are training hard. I wish they
posted by Mondo @ 5:02 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter