Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
Here I Am
July 24, 2007

Good Morning all you Tri Geeks out there. How is the Tri World getting along today.


After a week of "Vacation" I am doing much better. Actually I spent most of the week working at my second job and trying to fit in my training where I could. I needed to earn a few extra Franklins for my upcoming trip to Timberman.


Training is going great this week, after a little rest last week I feel rejuvenated and wanting to get in this last push of training. I feel that I am ready for my half-iron. I want to make sure that everything is ready, bike, gear, me. My bike ships out next week for New Hampshire.


Sunday I got in a great ride out to Pueblo and back. The wind was minimal for a change. I felt great and the bike was working fine. I tweaked the height of my seat and moved in back a smidge. This change has helped my low back problems. Pushing hard up the hills and pushing harder on the downhills I was able to average 22.6 mph for the entire trip. That is a whole mile faster than any other ride out there this year. Hey and no flats for a change.


Yesterday I had a great run in the morning, I did my usual hill work on skyline drive from gate to gate and felt pretty strong. Maybe a little weak from my long ride the day before but still able to shave another 30 seconds off my time. Legs are feeling great, knees are not hurting.


Last night was back in the pool, I got there late though so I did not get in the yardage I wanted to. I ended up with 1500 yards straight. I felt a little off - form was not quite where I wanted it to be. Time wise I pushed pretty hard, I think I was online to finish 2000 in less than 45 minutes. I will give it another shot on Wednesday and Friday. It has been so hot out here lately the water felt real good and cool. The team is planning on an open water swim next week sometime - that will do me a lot of good. I need to get in a lake and push a little harder before I leave for Timberman.


Otherwise, life is looking up and my mood has been getting better. I have had a lot of stress in my life recently but I am working on solving the problem. It won't be an easy or quick fix but in the long run I will be happier. I will also have more time to train for Ironman Florida next year. Somethings in life are very hard to do but need to be done. Life is too short to be wasted.
posted by Mondo @ 12:07 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter