Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
Great Weekend - Sort Of
February 12, 2007

Well here we go again - Monday. It always seems like Mondays come a lot quicker and often then they should.


First of all let's talk about training for this weekend. It was a pretty good weekend. On Saturday I ran in the Winter Series III race up in Colorado Springs. The race is usually challenging with wind and cold but this time the weather wasn't the problem. The trail was covered with snow in large sections and there was a lot of slipping and sliding. The race was a 5 miler. It runs from the Baptist Road trail head north 2.5 miles and then back. The temperature was about 45 degrees at the start and shortly after starting I realized I was way over dressed. After the first mile I was having side stitches from being too hot. I stopped at the turn around and took off my long sleeve shirt. Finally cooling down my speed was a heck of a lot faster on the way back. Even with the slowing from the snow I made it back in about 48:00. I am not much of a trail runner anyway - I tend to prefer roads.


Yesterday was a great day here in Canon City - the weather was awesome. Temperatures were in the high 50's. I decided to take my race bike "Apollo" out for a ride. This was the first time I have been on this bike since last year and the first time since changing the bars, brakes, seat. I am here to tell you that, Apollo is going to be a wickedly fast bike. I could not believe the difference in speed and climbing ability while on this bike. I need to get some new pictures of it and get them posted. Anyone that can remember the pictures I took after first buying it will see a big difference.


On a funnier note - I have a new dog at home. Purchased from the Pound - she is a 7 month old Springer Spaniel by the name of Maggie. I though that my other dog Rex needed a friend to play with while I am out of the house. Rex has been alone for a few months after the passing of my old dog Wilbur. I guess I forgot what it was like to have a new 7 month old dog in the house. And although she has had some training, and is housebroken. She is not leave at home trained - did you know that pillows contain roughly a kitchen's worth of foam in them. As well as shoes, stuffed animals and anything else that is available to chew on. Last night after getting home from my ride I started laughing, The house looked like a burglar had gone through and ransacked my house. I probably could have called the police and claimed it as a house invasion. Oh well, all in good time - Tonight I am picking up a crate for her. Her former owners did crate her at night so she is happy with that. Life goes on! Never Quit......

posted by Mondo @ 12:27 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter