Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
Awesome Swim Day
February 06, 2007
Back in the water this morning with new enthusiasm. Why? Heck I don't know. maybe it is because the weather has improved drastically and I can start working out outdoors again. Last night after work, instead of going home and slumming on the couch, I went for a 4 mile run. Nothing like a great run to make you feel better.



Anyway, this morning I awakened late. I don't even remember hitting the snooze button but I must have done it at least twice. So I got up, made coffee and headed to the gym. There is an advantage to packing your bag the night before. Once in the pool I felt even better. My new kick-ass goggles feel great. I bought the TYR Socket Rocket Goggles and I love them.


I got the "Fire" ones and they rock.


I warmed up with 200 yards, then moved on to 4x100 yard intervals with a 30 sec rest. I really dug hard on these and pushed my pace as fast as I could without giving up form. I hate trying to increase my stroke speed only to find out I am swimming slower. Nothing like swimming in 7-up. Too much turbulence. I then did 4x200 yard intervals at a slower pace and with 45 sec recoveries. I rested and got in about 300 yards of form drills and kick drills. I finished with about 300 yards of cool down. After finishing up I could really feel that I got in a good workout. Right now my arms and legs are killing me.


Tomorrow I am going to bring my training bike down and try and get a ride in the morning. The temps may be pretty cold but I am going to dress for the occasion. I just have to get out on the road again. the trainer is driving me crazy. I want to do my hill climb up 8 mile but if it is too cold I may head out of town on the highway toward Penrose instead. One way or the other I am going to ride outside in the morning. today would have been better but I did not want to mess with my schedule. Till tomorrow, CIAO, ci vediamo!
posted by Mondo @ 12:49 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter