Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
The Drive is Back
January 22, 2007

Hello, Good Morning World !!!!!


Well the post marathon weakness and illness is finally going away. By Friday I was pretty sick with a sinus infection and sore throat, fever, chills etc. I guess I was pretty worn down from my marathon. My legs are finally back in shape and over the weekend I was able to push some miles on my trainer.


Hey, Great News. I have met up with 5 athletes who want to train for a sprint triathlon. These 5 female athletes have run a 1/2 marathon and want to learn how to complete a tri. Awesome. I hope that I can coach them along to a successful sprint triathlon in about 14 weeks. We met in the pool for the first time on Friday. They can all get from one side to the other with a freestyle stroke but could use some coaching and tips in how to swim a little smoother. I hope that I can help them out. I may not be the best swimmer but I do feel that I have learned a lot in the last year. The coaching helps me out as well since I am concentrating on drills again.


The weather has not been cooperating here in Colorado so cycling has been indoors. I don't mind the trainer as much as I used to. I am using one of Chris Carmichaels Training Tapes - Time Trial Workouts. What a workout, whew. I have completed the 60 minute ride and I was really worn out at the end. He likes to keep the cadence up above 100 for the intervals and steady rides of 90-100. That is faster than I am use to, but it sure works out the lungs and legs. But I can't wait to get on the road. I have yet to take out "Apollo" on the road.


I am continually working on my training plan. And now I am working on a basic sprint triathlon program for the newbies. I feel that developing a training plan with a goal at the end of a specific period is very important to fuel the energy that it takes to train harder every day. Training day in and day out without a goal gets too mundane. As I explained in past blogs, now that I have my goal in August, no workout is just completed. Each workout has to have a purpose and have 110% of concentrated energy applied to it. I don't plan on just finishing triathlons this year, I plan on competing. Looking ahead in my training program for this year, I can see one thing for certain. I am going to be in the best shape of my life. Look out world!!!!!!!


Guardare fuori il mondo
posted by Mondo @ 2:22 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter