Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
Oh No, Snow
January 31, 2007

The weather outside is frightful, just right for training outdoors. If you are a snowman.


Well, I guess it will be about another week at least until I will be training outdoors again. Temps are going to be dangerously low for the next 3 days. Snow is predicted for the next 3 days as well. It is snowing as I type this blog out. I don't think I will every get to ride outside again.


WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA


Should I get some cheese to go with my Whine!!!!!!!!


There is some good news though. Tonight I will be in the pool coaching again. I have been hearing stories about these women in town that have been training furiously in the water trying to improve technique. I hope that my coaching will help them to become excellent swimmers. With the weather turning bad again, I look forward to my pool time as a time of relaxation and meditation. I hope to get a few pictures tonight of the training and get them posted tomorrow.


I was back on my bike/trainer this morning for 50 minutes. I tried pushing myself as much as possible. The trainer does get real boring though. I don't know if there are any ways of making it more exciting. It's still better than going to the gym and using a stationary bike. I do wish that my gym would get a spinning class started. Being in a class of 10+ people pushing each other around would be great. They do have Indoor Trainer classes up in Colorado Springs, but that is quite a trip to make just for a one hour session. I guess I'll just continue to struggle along until the weather warms up. Till tomorrow. Ciao! Ci Vediamo
posted by Mondo @ 12:52 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter