Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
Sore and Tired
June 04, 2008


Well the training program is in full swing, and boy can I feel it.




To get caught up again;;;;;




Last week was my yearly visit to Boulder Colorado for the Bolder Boulder. This was my 5th race. It still amazes me to see that many runners and walkers in the same place. This year was no different with over 53,000 runners. Where are all these people when I need someone to run with?




I ran the race with my 11y/o grandson. He really ran a great race. For 11 y/o he pushed hard and we kept up a pace of 8:57min/mi. finishing in just over 55:30. For once it was a cool day to run, well---maybe too cool and rainy at the end. We were unable to enjoy the Expo afterwards. All in all, it was a great race as usual - if you have never done the Bolder Boulder then plan on it for next year. It's a fun day for all, runners, walkers and bystanders.




My swim training is progressing nicely. I am pushing total workouts of around 2600 yards. My aerobic sessions are now in the 2000's. I am still and always working on form more than speed. i feel the the better my form is the faster I will become. I have not had any open water practices yet but I am working on putting a few together.




My cycling is going OK also. I have had no trouble on the bike this year so far. Just a few flats but nothing else. This weekend I am suppose to do a long ride of 3 hours. I hope the weather holds or it will make for a sloppy ride. Tonight I am riding with the Canon City Cycling Group - They usually have a great turnout and ride pretty aggressively. I usually push myself faster and harder with the group then when I ride alone. I did notice that is is time to buy tires again. Seems like I am always buying something for this sport.




My running is going fine - I guess. I am not progressing at the rate I should be. I still feel slow - and long distances are a struggle. I am trying to push harder but I still feel clumsy and slow when I run. Thinking about running a marathon after a bike ride is still worrying me. But with perseverance over the next 3 months I hope to make up for it. I know that the Ironman will be hard and torturous - I just don't want to drop out.




So I just keep plugging along - I am starting to work on my nutrition better. I still hope to lose a few pounds before the race - but would like to be a little heavier going into the Ironman race than I was on the 1/2 Iron. Just so that I have more fuel for the long distance. The summer is here and the sweating will be bad. Hope everyone is enjoying the year so far. Until next week - CIAO !!!
posted by Mondo @ 2:18 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter