Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
#$^*%$ Weather
April 16, 2008

So yesterday it was 80 degrees. The sun shining, no cares except for the poor people affected by the wild fires that got started because of the wind. I was able to swim in the morning and run in the evening without worrying about a coat. I ran at the track part of the time and was able to run some pretty fast times. But all in all it was a great day. Today started out about the same.


I got in my swim this morning and then the weather turned south. The wind has been up to 30-40 mph today. Impossible to ride a bike in. Then this afternoon the weather turned evil. The rain and snow started - yup snow. I though I was finally through with the snow, I am really sick and tired of winter weather.


The weather today had a purpose though. The fires in Southern Colorado have been snuffed out like a match. That is sure good for everyone up there. I have been through a wildfire before and I know how terribly scary that can be. Not knowing if your house is still standing, if your life has been burned up. If you have to start over. It really is terrible.


Back to training - I don't think I mentioned my long ride on Sunday. I rode out about 17-18 miles and back. I felt pretty good on the ride. I probably could have pushed a little harder but for my first long ride of year it was pretty good. The weather was great - little to no wind for a change. My legs are feeling pretty strong, even on the hills.


Tomorrow I have a ride in the morning and a run tomorrow night. Getting back into the training mode is not an easy thing. But slowly I am getting back into the groove - however, it is so hard to get out of bed with a warm body snuggled up to me. I have had to set 3 alarms just to get out of bed. Wow, is it ever noisy in the morning. But my Love is starting to get the idea that kicking me out of bed is the right thing to do - either that or she will see me suffer in September. And she says it shuts up the alarms............


She is looking over my shoulder right now so - I need to say goodnight - CIAO!


Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Life is GOOD.......................


posted by Mondo @ 7:26 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter