Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
Spring Ride
March 13, 2007

Sunday was a perfect day for my first of many long rides. The weather was perfect, clear, warm, and a slight breeze. I left Canon City about 12:00 and headed East on Hwy 50 to Pueblo. I love this ride. It is challenging enough with hills but fast enough as well. I felt great all the way out to Pueblo. The occasional car honking and waving was a nice site.

I rode "Apollo", my tri bike on that ride. I felt comfortable in the aero bars for most of the ride out. By the time I got to Pueblo my lower back was started to be sore. Nothing that I couldn't work out with a stretch but annoying. I think I need to stretch more to get into that aggressive position. I made it back to town and felt great afterwards. No residual back pain was felt. And no flats either - whoopee!!!!!!

Monday - I was back in the pool. I used this as a moderate intensity workout. I got in a warm up of 300 then did 200 of mixed drills. Followed by 4-5 x 100 freestyle. I mixed in some 40 yard sprints with flip turns. I am trying to get those down finally so that I can used them for my first pools swim this year. I timed my 40 yard sprints and got 28 sec per 40 yards. Now I have no idea how that compares to anyone else, but I think that is pretty good. Later this week I am going to time a 100 yard swim and see how I do. I did read an article lately that talked about putting in more yards per swim than you think you are capable of. That means swims of 3000 and 4000 yards per session. The concept is that your body adapts better to swimming with repetition. We will see :-p

This morning I did not feel really motivated to train. I have been under a lot of stress the past few days and I did not sleep too well last night. I almost decided to call it a rest day - but I just couldn't give up that easily. I ended up on the trainer for 30 minutes. I pushed pretty hard and got a great sweat up. Afterwards, I did an Abs session. I found a killer DVD for abs - It's called "The Firm - 5 day Abs" by the time my ab workout was done I was in severe pain. It would have hurt less if I would have just gone for a long bike ride. Tonight I plan on getting to bed early and getting to the pool early in the morning. Till tomorrow - CIAO
posted by Mondo @ 3:51 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter