Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
FIRE !
June 15, 2006

Well training is off for this morning. I was scheduled to get in some track intervals but I am a little tired.
Yesterday in the adjacent county from mine the heat of the day, winds up to 40 mph and dry conditions all contributed to a large forest fire. As I am part of the local Volunteer Fire Department I left to go assist with fire after work last night.
This is going to be a bad, no extremely bad fire season in Colorado this year. Most of the state is in a drought with no relief expected any time soon. Is this what global warming is? Have we really ruined the earth to the point where it cannot be fixed. What does the future hold?
Getting into Running and Triathlons at a late age makes me wonder if I have cheated myself for all those years since high school. Will I be able to enjoy myself in this sport and continue to advance in my training before the weather makes it unbearable. I mean will we be able to have races if the weather continues to get extremely hot? Will this mean that we will have to adapt and run races at night to avoid daytime radiation and heat?
------ Pretty Deep Thinking Eh! -------
Or could it be that I am really tired from being up so late last night and I am delirious right now. It's probably that, because I'm really frickin tired right now. To all the firefighters out there that are humping up and down the hills this morning. Keep up the great work and I'll be back out with you tonight. Stay Safe. Ciao
posted by Mondo @ 8:48 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter