Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
Awesome Hillwork
June 19, 2006
Good Morning ! Saturday was a great ride day. I had an awesome ride. We started in Old Colorado City in Colorado and rode up Hwy 24 to Woodland park for a total of 2000 ft elevation change in 14 miles. What a rush. My legs were burning like they have never burned before. What a workout. It took 1:15:00 to make it to the top.
After the ride I went down and picked up a bicycle computer from Performance Bike Shop. After comparing about 30 computers to each other I ended up with the CatEye Astrale 8. This computer is wired which I don't really mind but it does have the cadence feature that I love. The price was not that bad, on sale for 34.00. I got it put on Saturday Night and got to try it out this morning.
This morning I got in about 30 minutes of swim time in the pool. Thats right the 40 ft pool. The endless pool is still not ready. Nor do I expect it to be ready any time soon. I think I totalled about 800 yards this morning. Then I took off on the bike and got in a good 16 miles. My legs are getting stronger and my speed is getting faster. I tried to keep my cadence between 80 and 95 rpm. I have been getting up out of the saddle less and I have been working on speeding up after curves and at the top of hills.
Tomorrow is a rest day. I am getting a little nervous about this weekend. Not so much the swimming part but I am nervous about the swim start. I've never done a mass start so I do not know what to expect. Do I start at the back or on the side? I could use some hints here. I did take a look at the bike route and it will be a fast one. There are two uphills and two fast downhills. The course is on city streets and I did see a few potholes to contend with. The run will be great. It wraps around the lake and into the park. The crowds should be big. Got to go, Ciao!
posted by Mondo @ 9:27 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter