Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
The Windy City (State)
April 18, 2006

Wind, Wind, Wind. It seems that the the only constant in my training is wind. It may just be because I am running in it more that I notice it more. This Spring has been worse than any year I can remember in Colorado. Also how is it that as a runner - no matter which direction you run, the wind is blowing at you. Weird ain't it.

So anyway, I'm in a better mood today. Decided to run at the gym instead this morning. Not a real fun run but it did get me out fo the wind. 7 miles today at race pace - felt pretty good. Got to listen to "Zen and the Art of Traithlon" without the wind messing with my earbuds. Podcast have got to be the best invention for MP3 players. Listening to other athletes, runners, triathletes discuss training, nutrition, equipment and general bull - - - makes the hours go by that much faster.

posted by Mondo @ 10:37 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter