Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
HOLY SHIT - It's Tomorrow
May 19, 2006
Yes, tomorrow is the day. The day I take the step into Triathlons. Will it be a starting point to future Triathlons or will it be the end. I wonder sometimes why I am wanting to do this thing called a triathlon. Why do people push themselves mentally and physically to the point where they could snap at any time.

I have never really been one to push myself prior to 2 years ago. I was living a pretty mundane lifestyle, just kinda making it day to day, week to week. The biggest challenge I had was getting up on Saturday to mow the lawn. Looking back I don't see nothing wrong with that kinda lifestyle, but it sure seems boring. Some people may find that living like that is all they ever want to do. That is fine and dandy. But, is that really what we have been placed on this earth for. Did God or whomever you believe in create you to just exist? Just to go through life without any real meaning. I think not. Since I started exercising and pushing myself 2 years ago, I have had a new enthusiasm for life. One that my wife cannot understand. (she just wants to exist) My enthusiasm spills into all aspects of my life - work, play, friends, relaxation. The most fabulous feeling I have every had in my entire life was the day I crossed the finish line of my first marathon. I admit that I cried for awhile, tears of joy. Not to mention tears from the severe cramping in my legs - ARRRHHH.
So, with that said - I look forward to the challenge of tomorrow and the future. Bring on the mighty Sprint and Olympic distance Triathlon. And look out 70.3 and full Ironman because I am not done yet. I am not done pushing myself to greater challenges and experiences. I may never be an elite athlete, or professional at that. But you know what? The nice thing is I don't have to be. I just need to be my own SUPER HERO.
posted by Mondo @ 8:14 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great post! Good luck on your first Triathalon! I'm so happy that this has brought so much joy into your life! Never only exist...life is too exciting for that....always push your limits. Isn't it wonderful to discover that you can do so much more than you ever thought you could? I love trying out new things, seeing new places and just enjoying the beauty of being alive! I'll be thinking of you...let me know how it goes. Be safe and have fun. Love you so much! Sis

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dad, I am so proud of you and proud of everything you stand for. You have pushed me to do things I didn't think I could ever do. I wish you the best of luck tomorrow... I know you will do great!!! Can't wait to hear how you finished. Love you so much! Amy

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just wanted to let you know that you are not just "your own HERO", your my HERO too!! And you thought that we were just best friends!! Thank you for inspiring me and pushing me to do my best. I also appreciate the kicks in the butt when I don't really feel like running!! I wouldn't be where I am now without you for motivation and drive. You are going to KICK BUTT tomorrow!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter