Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
I'm Back
May 01, 2007

Hey, how is everyone doing?


Sorry for the absence, my life has been a circus lately and I was needed as the Clown.


Let me get things caught up to date --->>>


Last week was a pretty good training week. After completing the 50 mile bike ride last week I felt real good. On Monday I got in around 2600 yards in the pool. Felt good and feel that my stroke pattern is getting better with each swim. I got in a 5 mile run on Monday afternoon with 8x30sec fartleks. Tuesday was a terrible snow day as you read in my last blog so training was limited to 40 minutes on the trainer and 4 hours of shoveling. What Fun Eh!


Wednesday believe it or not was pretty nice outside. I got in a good swim in the morning - mainly working on technique and sprints - I was back in the water with the Tri Club in the evening for more yardage. I got in another 5 mile steady run that felt good. Thursday I was back on the road and did hillwork for 10 miles. The total ride was about 1:15:00. There was a fair amount of wind so the ride was that much more challenging. Friday was in the pool again - I got in about 2000 yards again - following my training schedule. The swim felt particularly good on Friday - After work I ran 6 miles and that really felt good.


Sunday I got in a long ride again. I left town with the Tri Club but they were only doing 40 miles. I finished with 56 miles - the amount for the Half-Iron. There was again a fair amount of wind and it was pretty hot outside. The ride felt good and I did a 10 minute run-off afterwards.


Monday 4/30, I took the morning off from swimming. I was pretty dehydrated, weak, tired. I hydrated real good during the day and completed a 5 mile run in the evening. The run felt pretty good, I was a little sore but tolerable. I kept thinking about how I would feel during the half-iron and pushed myself harder.


Today - feeling great. Got in another hard bike uphill. Total time was 1:10:00, pushed up the 8 mile hill harder today. Felt my legs burning, cramping. Pushed harder, pedal evenly - up out of the saddle - pushing harder. Felt great. Here is where it gets weird - I felt a different vibration coming from my rear wheel. Pulling over and looking at the wheel there was plenty of air but the tire was no longer tracking even - it was like someone had stuffed it with a sock - lumpy. I took it off and looked on the inside and found that the Kevlar braid was coming loose. Looks like I wore out a set of tires. Time to go tire shopping again. :-)


Tomorrow I will be back in the pool. I will need to swim hard and long in the morning. I need to make up for the day off. For now, until tomorrow - CIAO

posted by Mondo @ 4:24 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter