Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
Day One
April 02, 2007

Well, here it is. The first day of my new training program. 20 weeks until Timberman.


And what a way to start it - first off - got stopped by 5-0 for rolling through a stop. And one of the only times I did not have my seat belt on - got written up for that also.
But anyway - life goes on. Put the negative things in life in the past and concentrate on the positive things around you.
I was back in the pool this morning. After watching the 70.3 Championship on Saturday I was a little stoked to push hard. I watched the swim stroke of the men and realize that my stroke looks alot better but somehow they just go faster. so I really worked on my sprints today. Getting in a total of around 2000 yards with 6x200 intervals plus warm up and cool down and the sprints. I did some pull buoy and paddle work as well. If I can just get moving faster I would be happy. I do need to get in some open water practice as soon as possible.
Over the weekend I went out looking for a new wetsuit. While doing that I found an awesome accessory for my bike. It is a new carbon water holder for the seat that will also hold 2 tubes and 4 - CO2 cylinders. It is way cool. It is made by Blackwell - I can't even find a picture of it anywhere. But I do know it is on my bike. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a 30 minute run for this afternoon with 6x30sec fartleks. The weather is great today but is suppose to turn south tomorrow. Well for now until tomorrow - CAIO
posted by Mondo @ 9:39 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter