Tri - Runner's Roost

A blog from a "Middle of the Pack Marathoner" starting his journey from Newbie to Ironman. The ride is awesome!

 
I Don’t Wanna Stop

Add a video to your site Webratsmusic.com
Update your profile
History
I started running in January of 2004 to get in shape. I had gained too much weight and felt terrible. I was able to run my first 5K 3 months later. 2 years later and 50 lbs lighter, I have continued to push for greater goals and have run 5 marathons and I am training for an Iron distance triathlon now. Everyday I wake up with a positive attitude towards life, training and my future.
Marathons Completed
Arizona RockNRoll 2007
Salt Lake City Marathon 2006
Steamboat Marathon 2005
Boulder Backroads 2005
Las Vegas Marathon 2005
Why do I Tri?
Should be why do I want to Tri? I want to see just how far I can push myself. With everyday I am in the best shape of my life. And I'm never going back!!!!
Sponsors
Elite Family Fitness-Canon City
BB's Tanning and Massage
Scheduled Races
Littlefoot Triathlon
Bolder Boulder 10K
Highland Ranch Sprint
Boulder Long Triathlon
Redman Iron Distance
Bolder Boulder Race Report
May 30, 2007


Bolder Boulder 2007 has come and gone.




It was a record breaking year for the race, with over 50,000 participants. Could this be the largest 10K run in the world or what!!!!!




I attended the race with a few friends and family. The atmosphere race day was electrically charged. Everyone was smiling and getting ready to have fun. It is so great to see so many people in the race - people that, just like you and me, are trying to be healthy and fit.




The Bolder Boulder is a 10K like no other. There are a lot of participants that run the Bolder for a great PR. The event is run in waves with the first waves all requiring a qualifying run time from somewhere else. These participants run fast and hard, some reaching their PR some not. Times of 30 minutes are not out of the ordinary for the fastest of the runners in wave A. Those in the farther waves run for fun. The farther back you are the harder it is to run all out. There are just too many people to run through, zigging and zagging from person to person.






The route is lined with local bands and attractions. There is the Blues Brothers, Elvis, the Belly Dancers and the Slip and Slide. Ordinary locals in their front yard with food and water, cheering everyone on. Running with costumed super heroes, men in kilts and Marines in formation keeps the race interesting. Their is always something to look at during the Bolder Boulder and if you have not done it yet then plan on it for next year.




Our Tri Club put 4 people in the race. Everyone did very well and enjoyed themselves. We have yet to get out times for the Bolder Boulder. The race timing is having a technical problems with the server and soon should be up and running. Afterward we enjoyed the festivities at Folsum Field for Memorial Day. There were skydivers and an Air Force Flyover prior to the professional elite race. Alan Culpepper held on to 4th place With the Moroccan runner coming in just under 30 minutes for the win.


This was a very successful year for the Bolder Boulder. Boulder Colorado is one of the most beautiful, friendly, and healthy cities in America. So, Hooray for another wonderful year. And I hope to see everyone again next year and let's make it even bigger. I will post our times as soon as I am able to access them. For now it is back to training and racing. CIAO





posted by Mondo @ 8:07 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

HPIM0667 Name: John Maynard
Home: Canon City, Colorado, United States
About Me: In 2008 I completed a full Ironman. Since that time I have continued to keep myself in a decent shape with running and hiking. As the years have rolled on so has my midsection. With my 50th birthday behind me I have embarked on another journey in life. This journey will take me into my next decade in the best shape of my entire life. It's time to kick life into overdrive.
See my complete profile

Pueblo Tri T1.1 -->

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 
Free Web Counters
Site Counter